Much Ado About Nothing which opens the Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) this year is a very enjoyable film. It's Joss Whedon's take on Shakespeare's classic play, staged in his own home with many of his longtime collaborators. It's also at present completely sold out. All the tickets were snatched up in just hours after the box office opened. It's incredible how strong the support of Seattle is for Shakespeare onscreen. Though maybe it's more about how Whedon, Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, Nathan Fillion, and Clark Gregg are all scheduled to attend. Never the matter ... it's Seattle's hot ticket for May and hard to come by. But I've got good news - whatever the tix are going for in the secondary market A Random Walk Through Film has got all them offers beat. We're talking the chance to snag two free tickets to the SIFF opening night Gala.
What: Two General Admission Tickets that get you into the screening, the party and include two complementary drink tickets. A $50 value each if they were still for sale from SIFF.
When: May 16th, 2013 at 7pm (though you'll want to arrive early for a great seat)
Where: McCaw Hall at Seattle Center.
Sure, sure - you probably knew the What/When/Where of SIFF Opening night - but HOW DO I ENTER?!?
It's super, super simple. If you're interested in attending all you need to to is get out your favorite video recording device and film yourself re-enacting James Franco's character Alien from SpringBreakers doing his "look at my shiiiiite" monologue. Either with the original text or your own custom description of your "shit." Then upload to YouTube and link the video from a comment on this post (or tweet it with a mention to me on twitter). Then I'll randomly select a winner from qualified entrants....
OK, OK ... I'm
Actually - here's how to participate - of course no purchase required.
- Leave an entry on this post mentioning the film you're most looking forward to at SIFF 2013 (beside Much Ado of course). If you're not sure what's playing checkout this earlier post with the full list. One comment is all you need to enter - and will earn you a single entry. Include your twitter handle or some other way for me to get in touch with you if you win (I'll post the winner on Tuesday May 7th and you can write me to collect if you're shy).
- Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about the contest including the phrase "I Want to Win tickets to #SIFF2013 opening night from @seattlefilmblog at randomwalkthroughfilm.com" - You can enter and/or earn bonus entries this way. Up to one per day, for a max of five bonus entries. I won't require it but I highly suggest following me so I can DM you if you win. Plus there will be tons of updates flowing throughout the festival you won't want to miss.
Other Much Ado or Shakespeare related stuff
If you're in the mood for Shakespeare onscreen and can't get into Much Ado About Nothing don't despair. Seattle's True Independent Film Festival (STIFF) has Bard represented as well via LOVE: As You Like It coming up Monday May 6th. Haven't seen it but it looks interesting, and isn't presently sold out.
I've already seen Much Ado About Nothing at SXSW and had a great time. Here's a link that collects some of my thoughts, photos I shot of the cast's red carpet arrivals, and some random videos to get you even more psyched for the film.
Some basic common sense rules and info about the giveaway
- Contest runs from the time this post is made until 12:01 AM Tuesday May 7th. At which time I'll use Random.org to select a (duh) random entry from all valid entries
- The Seattle International Film Festival is super, super awesome. But is not officially involved or sanctioning this giveaway in any way. Besides holding the screening, party, etc.
- Tickets will be mailed to the winner once confirmed. I'm more than happy to mail the tickets to a winner anywhere in the US. But you're responsible for getting to the event which takes place in Seattle. So if you're in NYC you're more than welcome to enter - but worth thinking through how you'd deal with winning.
- No purchase necessary.
- Selection will be made via the random number generator at random.org on Tuesday May 7th with the winner chosen from all entries received prior to the contest closing.
- Winners assume any and all risks of attending the event, getting there, being responsible, and so on. Participation indicates agreement with this. If you piss off Joss Whedon and he belts you one by participating you're acknowledging this isn't my fault. Entering indicates you understand my responsibility begins and ends at selecting a winner and putting the tickets in the mail. Also, if you don't love the film, sit behind a tall person or otherwise don't meet your soulmate at SIFF opening night such complaints should be forwarded elsewhere.
- After I announce the winner on this site I'll attempt to contact them via email or twitter. Please keep an eye out to ensure there's time for me to close the loop with you and mail the physical tickets.
- Don't be a jerk. Which for example might include creating lots of entries for yourself and making me try to figure out thousands of entries are all from one person. Please...